After a bustling holiday season, the number of visiting tourists to New York City can often diminish in January. Starting this month, NYC & Company is launching its inaugural “NYC Hotel Week,” a promotional campaign offering a 22 percent discount off standard room rates at many of the city’s finest hotels.
“NYC Hotel Week” kicks off Thursday, Jan. 4, 2022 and runs through Friday, Feb. 13, 2022. Amid the current pandemic, potential hotel guests are advised to follow CDC guidelines and required mandates in New York City via the “Key to NYC” program.
Since December 2021, the “Key to NYC” program mandates proof of full vaccination for patrons and staff of indoor dining, indoor fitness, and indoor entertainment and certain meeting spaces. This mandate also includes proof of one vaccine dose for children ages 5 to 11. Patrons should visit each location’s website for additional information on safety protocols.
“As we welcome the new year, we stand firm in our commitment to support the city’s hospitality industry, which has shown resilience in these unprecedented times,” said Fred Dixon, president and CEO of NYC & Company, in a media release. “NYC Hotel Week proudly supports hotels across all five boroughs, and encourages visitors and New Yorkers to safely enjoy some of the city’s finest accommodations during a time with less crowds and more opportunity.”
More than 110 hotels across New York City’s five boroughs are participating in “NYC Hotel Week.” They range from independent boutiques to properties belonging to major hotel brands.
Reservations can be made at nycgo.com/hotelweek.
- The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel: A lower Manhattan property that was originally one of Manhattan’s first skyscrapers, built in 1881;
- Bryant Park Hotel: A Midtown boutique hotel located right across from Bryant Park;
- Lotte New York Palace: Another Midtown hotel along Madison Avenue that is across from St. Patrick’s Cathedral and also houses the Villard Mansion, a city landmark dating back to the 19th century;
- Nu Hotel Brooklyn: Located in Downtown Brooklyn’s Boerum Hill neighborhood, with loft-feel rooms and hand-painted murals by local artists depicting various Brooklyn themes;
- The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue: The flagship of The Langham Hotels & Resorts brand has views of the Empire State Building and Ai Fiori, a Michelin star Italian restaurant that’s part of Michael White’s Altamarea Group;
- The Rockaway Hotel: In The Rockaways, this Queens property is a block from the beach and has a mix of accommodations from rooms, to suites, to long-stay bungalows.
- The William Vale: Each guestroom at this modern Williamsburg property in Brooklyn has a private balcony and skyline views of Brooklyn and Manhattan.
“NYC Hotel Week” is also kicking off NYC & Company’s annual citywide deals program, “NYC Winter Outing.” This seasonal program will run from January 18 through February 13, 2022.
Sub-promotions within this program will include “NYC Restaurant Week,” “NYC Broadway Week” and “NYC Must-See Week.” Each of these three themed weeks will offer special deals relating to dining out, Broadway shows or major city attractions.
Their bookings will become open to the public on January 11, 2022. Mastercard cardholders can enjoy early access from January 6 to January 9.
For more information, visit NYC & Company’s website.