As temperatures begin to drop and autumn transforms leaves from green to a riot of red, orange and yellow, it’s time to pull out the flannels and cozy up with a big bowl of soup that warms your body and soul.
Whether you’re craving something light and refreshing or hot and hearty, these delicious soup recipes will hit the spot:
- Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup: Tender wild rice and fresh seasonal veggies beautifully come together in this zesty, wholesome recipe that tastes like autumn in a bowl. Serve with crusty bread and green salad for a simple and satisfying dinner. Check out the soup recipe here. This Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup recipe is also highly recommended.
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup: Nothing screams comfort like a big bowl of fresh chicken soup on a chilly night. It’s like a warm hug for the soul. This creamy chicken soup recipe is not only insanely delicious but also chock full of protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Plus, it takes only 30 minutes to come together—from start to finish. What’s not to like? Here’s the simple recipe.
- Pumpkin Tortilla Soup: No Fall season recipe roundup is complete without a delicious pumpkin recipe. Chock full of fresh veggies and herbs, this gluten-free soup is a hearty vegetarian take on the classic pumpkin soup recipe. Serve with crispy tortilla strips, jalapeños and avocado. Here’s the full recipe.
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup: Every spoonful of this cozy soup is filled with the rich flavors and creamy goodness of loaded baked potato that are guaranteed to satiate all your comfort food cravings in a jiffy. Garnish with bacon or green onion to make it even more satisfying. Here’s the complete recipe. This wholesome Potato Leek Soup recipe is also highly recommended.
- Ground Turkey Soup with Vegetables: If you’re looking for a clean and comforting meal that would soothe your belly and soul, look no further than this nourishing ground turkey soup recipe. And since it’s gluten- and dairy-free, it’s easy on the digestive system. Get the wholesome recipe here.
- Tuscan White Bean Soup: This creamy, comforting soup is packed with the goodness of beans, bacon and seasonal veggies in every slurp. Serve it up in a bread bowl for a quick and filling dinner. Get the soup recipe here. If you’re looking for more Italian-inspired dinner ideas, you might also like these recipes for Italian Orzo Spinach Soup and Tuscan-style Chicken Soup.
- Hamburger Soup: Brimming with layers of flavor, this meaty and hearty soup tastes like a juicy hamburger in a bowl. You can play around with different meats, spices and veggies to customize the recipe. Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to make it even more satisfying. Check out the full recipe here. Meat lovers might also want to try this recipe for Classic Beef Barley Soup.
- Quinoa Vegetable Soup with Kale: Made with fresh veggies and protein-packed quinoa, this hearty plant-based soup will satisfy your comfort food cravings without letting your healthy eating goals fall on the wayside. Plus it freezes well making it a great make-ahead option for weeknight dinner. Here’s the vegan soup recipe.
- Creamy Tortellini Soup: Loaded with tender tortellini, sausage and kale, this decadent soup is perfect to curl up with on a cool evening. And it takes just 30 minutes to make so you can whip it up even on weeknights. Awesome, right? Get the full recipe here.
- Curried Cauliflower Soup: This dairy-free spin on classic cauliflower soup is just as creamy and comforting. Plus, it’s packed with the nutritional goodness of seasonal veggies and fresh herbs so it’s good for both your body and soul. Here’s the low-carb recipe. This Golden Cauliflower Soup recipe is also highly recommended.
So which of these delish soup recipes are you looking forward to trying? LMK in the comments below!