The carby goodness of rich cheese and heavy, hearty sauces makes pasta one of the go-to comfort foods during winter. But with a few tweaks and ingredient swaps, it can be just as wonderful in summer. These easy and satisfying pasta recipes are here to prove it:
- Summer Pasta with Yellow Squash and Sun-Dried Tomatoes: This scrumptious pasta recipe checks all the boxes for a perfect summer meal—it’s fresh, simple, light yet satisfying and vibrant in flavor. Plus, you can whip it up in just 30 minutes so that’s less time in the kitchen and more time with loved ones! This recipe for Grilled Vegetable Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta is also highly recommended.
- Mango Avocado Soba Buckwheat Noodle Bowls: Shoyu-flavored soba buckwheat noodles beautifully complement the delicious goodness of sauteéd veggies and sweet mango in this easy-to-make noodle bowl that comes together in under 25 minutes. Top it off with diced avocado and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for added flavor and nutrition boost and you’re done. Here’s the quick and easy recipe. You might also like this 15-Minute Bangkok Peanut Mango Pasta recipe.
- Summer Pasta with Pesto, Grilled Salmon and Corn: Moist and tender grilled salmon, charred asparagus and crispy browned corn are the stars in this savory pasta dish that can be put together in less than 30 minutes. If you want to up your veggie intake, pair it with a light lemon-garlic kale salad or a roasted Brussel sprouts salad. You might also want to check out this recipe for Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Spinach and Lemon.
- Tuna Avocado Macaroni Salad: In as little as 20 minutes you can whip up this vibrant pasta salad that’s sure to be a hit at any barbecue, picnic or potluck. For a heartier meal, enjoy it with a bowl of summer corn chowder.
- Summer Pasta Salad with Grilled Zucchini, Corn and Cilantro Pesto: With colorful grilled veggies and tender corn tossed in bright cilantro pesto, this gluten-free pasta recipe essentially screams “summer.” Top it off with sun-dried tomatoes, grilled chicken, crumbled goat cheese or feta.
- Spirulina and Mint Basil Pesto Pasta: This refreshing protein-packed pasta recipe is perfect for those busy weekdays when you haven’t had a chance to even think about dinner. Pair it with a grilled or roasted summer vegetable salad for a super satisfying and healthy meal. I also like this fiber-rich Thai Basil Pasta with Tomato-Mint Chickpeas recipe.
- Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Orzo Pasta: Tender roasted eggplant, fresh herbs, tangy feta and the tartness of cherry tomatoes beautifully come together in this light pasta dish that’s perfect for warmer weather. You can swap feta in the recipe with Kalamata olives for a dairy-free option or tofu cheese for a vegan-friendly substitute.
- Green Olive Pasta with Toasted Lemon Breadcrumbs and Herbs: Green olives, fragrant herbs, fresh parmesan and the citrusy brightness of lemon make this fun pasta recipe taste like summer in a bowl. If you’re a fan of Panko breadcrumbs, you might also want to try this recipe for Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce, Basil and Breadcrumbs.
- Creamy BBQ Chicken Pasta: Packed with tender and juicy chicken, lots of cheese and tangy BBQ sauce, this hearty pasta recipe is sure to delight guests at any potluck or BBQ party. You can sub double cream in the recipe with soy milk or cashew cream if you want to lighten things a bit. Serve it with a crunchy mixed green salad for a super-satisfying meal with a restaurant flair. You might also like this 5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe.
- Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach and Feta: This wholesome pasta recipe features crunchy veggies, fresh herbs, feta and toasted orzo doused in a bright lemony dressing. The make-ahead dish can be safely stored in the fridge for up to four days. This One Pot Lemon Spaghetti with Spinach recipe is another great option for busy weeknights.
Which of these delish recipes would you like to try this summer? LMK in the comments section!